Perseverance in Hope 2022 Raises $95,000 to Support Healing and Assistance with Permanent Housing
My life was going downhill. Now, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Joseph’s Home changed my life all the way around and made me feel great about my future.
– Joseph & Mary’s Home resident Shunte Steele
Shunte spoke those words to more than 400 people at the Perseverance in Hope 2022 Benefit Luncheon at Windows on the River in Cleveland on September 13.
Thank you to everyone who attended and helped us raise $95,000, and to everyone who supports our mission and was unable to join us for this special day. When we gather together for events like Perseverance in Hope, you are saying that everyone requires a place to call home, that everyone requires high-quality health services when they are ill. You are demonstrating your recognition that inequities and injustices make all of us less healthy, less whole.
The Most Reverend Edward Malesic, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, called all of us to action in his keynote speech and Dan Moulthrop, CEO of The City Club of Cleveland, helped make a room of 400+ feel like a tightly knit community in his role as emcee.
Recognized at the luncheon were Lorraine Dodero, recipient of the 2022 David Henderson Memorial Award and the Community West Foundation, recipient of the 2022 Dream Team Partnership in Service Award.
New Name. Same Mission.
The new name of our organization—Joseph & Mary’s Home—was unveiled at the luncheon. The name reflects the addition of Mary’s Home to now serve both men and women. Learn more about Mary’s Home and its first resident in this video from the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland.
Journey Home Fund
Also launched at the luncheon was the Journey Home Fund, which will help residents with the next stage in their journey—getting them started as they move into permanent housing. Generous supporters donated more than $18,000 at the luncheon to establish the fund. You can make a donation today to continue growing the fund at josephshome.com/journey-home.
Perseverance in Hope Playlist
To hear songs selected by Joseph & Mary’s Home residents that played at the luncheon, listen to the Perseverance in Hope playlist on Spotify.
- Dudley P. – “Right On Time” by Lee Williams & The Spiritual QC’s
- Rose S. – “I Need You Now” by Smokie Norful
- Roswell B. – “A House Is Not a Home” by Luther Vandross
- Sara D. – “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- Terry H. – “My Girl” by The Temptations
- Nicole Z. – “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin
- Donnie M. – “Forget Me Nots” by Patrice Rushen
- Revorlia B. – “Never Knew Love Like This Before” by Stephanie Mills
- Joseph’s Home Resident – “I’ve Learned to Lean” by Lee Williams & the Spiritual QC’s
- Waymon D. – “Can You Stop the Rain” by Peabo Bryson
- Karolin W. – “Give a Hand, Take a Hand” by Bee Gees
- German R. – “The Winner Takes It All” by ABBA
- Shunte S. – “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- Kathrin W. – “No Surrender” by Bruce Springsteen
- Tommie G. – “Fly Like An Eagle” by Steve Miller Band
- Shayla G. – “The Girl Is Mine” by Michael Jackson featuring Paul McCartney
- David A. – “Firework” by Katy Perry
- Freddie M. – “Marioneta” by Vicente Fernández
- Tamara D. – “Something in the Water” by Carrie Underwood
- Walter B. – “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- Joyce N. – “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin
Special thanks to our Gold Sponsors:
- Community West Foundation
- Corinne L. Dodero Foundation for the Arts & Sciences
- Parker Hannifin
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland